Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Aoife Brady



This series of oil and acrylic paintings incorporates traditional techniques alongside a rich palette, stemming from certain areas within the forest landscape and peaceful surroundings of my family home in Co. Cavan. These works have been produced with a view to finding my own place of tranquility and cleansing - an escape from various negative situations in my day to day life

The motif of the lonely pathway is one I revisit here as a personally significant symbol - a pathway of life with space enough for one, a place of revitalisation for the mind, body and soul, away from the harsh, draining effects of some aspects of ones life - freedom from strife. This peace of mind, as attained through the cathartic work of producing the paintings in studio, is thus a way to hold on to the peace I feel when physically present in this particular landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment